The Marketplace at Callingwood & Callingwood Farmers’ Market
The Marketplace at Callingwood is an outdoor shopping centre in West Edmonton that is home to more than 65 businesses and the Callingwood Farmers’ Market (May-October). A non-profit Tenant’s Association funds marketing and communications for the shopping centre, and is managed by the Board of Directors. The Association’s goals are to attract traffic to the shopping centre, create brand affinity, and foster positive community connection.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Marketing Manager to manage the marketing, communications and special events for both the shopping centre and farmers’ market. The ideal candidate is self-driven, ahead of the curve on industry trends and consumer behaviour, and is keen on building community and cultivating success for businesses of the shopping centre and vendors of the farmers’ market. The Marketing Manager is a contract position; therefore, the candidate must have their own registered business and work remotely from home or otherwise.
– Minimum of 5 years of marketing management experience. Management of a shopping centre or retail-focused business association would be a bonus.
– Experience developing and implementing marketing plans
– Thorough understanding of traditional and digital media
– Strategic thinker
– Detail orientated
– Experience with media buying and public relations
– Demonstrated leadership skills
– Highly organized, ambitious and reliable
– Self-disciplined and independent worker
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Skilled with handling budgets
– Confident public speaker and presentation skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Board of Directors at monthly meetings, the Marketing Director is responsible for creating and implementing the yearly marketing and communications plan. Other duties and responsibilities include:
– Developing annual marketing budget
– Managing and tracking marketing budget throughout the year
– Developing events and promotional ideas
– Implementing events and promotions (up to 24 events per year) including marketing and advertising strategy for each
– Working with event manager to provide marketing support and implement successful events
– Developing advertising plan for Callingwood Farmers’ Market
– Working with Farmers’ Market manager on marketing related tasks such as signage, flyers, vendor correspondence and overall marketing and communications support
– Media planning, negotiating and buying
– Presenting marketing plan and budget at Annual General Meeting
– Writing monthly board and property manager reports
– Managing website to ensure it is up-to-date and fits the marketing strategy
– Overseeing graphic design for print and digital purposes
– Managing social media including planning, development of content and implementation
– Communicating with tenants including writing quarterly Shoptalk newsletter
– Performing various administrative tasks related to marketing activities including submitting invoices, responding to inquiries, following up on leads and opportunities, researching industry trends etc.
– Gathering data throughout the year to evaluate marketing programs (surveys, market research etc.)
– Attending meetings with vendors, members and other stakeholders as required
– Write media advisories and releases as required
Interested individuals are asked to email their cover letter and resume in PDF format, including annual contract rate expectations by October 5, 2020.